Friday, September 20, 2013

White Glazed Dresser

So I'm totally in LOVE with how this turned out.  I can officially say my black obsession has been replaced by COLORS.  If you consider white a color.  I do anyway.  That's something to be proud of, if you've ever seen my house :)  My mom calls me a vampire.  That's always good, right?


The dresser was really beautiful to begin with, but just not my cup of tea.  I decided to go with white, initially to resell it but of course.. I found the perfect place for it to reside. 

Step 1: Sand and prepare the surface, including masking off areas that you don't want painted

Step 2: Start sprayin'!  I used spray paint with a primer, so no need to prime. 



Step 3: After about 5 cans of paint, I decided to add a black glaze all over the dresser.  Mostly because I like the "imperfect," somewhat distressed look. 


Step 4: Add knobs to the drawers!  The drawer pulls that were on the original dresser were hideous, so I found some cheap wood knobs at a local hardware store that I sprayed black. 

 
~Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment