Tuesday, November 26, 2013

23 Week Pregnancy Update

Oh boy, if time flies this fast until delivery I'm not sure what I'm going to do!  It's been three weeks since my last post!

We have been SO busy lately.  We have been working on creating some bookshelves for our TV room.  They are going to be H.U.G.E.. like.. really huge!  I'm talking 52"x88" huge.  They have been so much fun to put together though!  My husband and I really do make an awesome team, he's the woodworker and I'm the painter/stainer/detailer/decorator.  He's also got the muscles, and me, not so much.  I will make a post about it when it's finished, but here are the backboards of the shelves.  Love.  We wanted them to match the mantle, so we picked a stain by Varathane called Cognac.  They are pretty close!  This is also the color that we did the pub table top with.  The frame of the shelves will be black. 


 
In addition to these shelves, I have been shamelessly working to finish the drawer fronts of our platform bed as well.  You know that bed that we made a frame for in APRIL of this year?  Yeah... it's still not done!  That's what happens when you start a million projects at once :)  I've also been hard at work getting our spare bedroom done (paint, new outlets, new trim) before transferring everything from the baby's room into that room.  THEN I can start on the baby's room.  Whew!!!  All in just four months, can you believe I'm 5 months pregnant already?!?!?!??!

Still feeling great!  My bump seems to have like disappeared in the last couple of days.  I'm not sure if she's laying a different way or what, but I can button my pants now!  I had to buy some clothes this weekend that would allow for growth, but I'm wearing my jeans to today so I'm not sure what's going on.  I feel like I look more pregnant on the weekends, is that weird?  Maybe it's just because I eat more then...

As far as symptoms go, I've had a bloody nose a couple of times this week, along with a couple of other TMI things that I probably shouldn't talk about on here :)  Nothing alarming though.  I had my 22 week appointment last week and found out that I'd gained 7 pounds in 6 weeks.  The Doctor said that was good because I'm now at the weight she wants me to be at, but not to gain 7 pounds every month from here on out.  I agreed.  I don't want to gain 30 pounds in four months, but if it happens, I'm sure it's because my body is holding onto it for a reason.  Below is a picture of me today at work, five months pregnant. 


I'm no longer craving milk, but I'm craving hot chocolate (notice Starbucks cup in photo)!  I have to have it every day.  Well, I guess that's still a form of milk... I usually crave it around this time of year though so who knows. 

Well, that's pretty much it for the last couple of weeks.  Looking forward to Thanksgiving, I hope you all have a great one!

~Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment