Wednesday, October 30, 2013

19 Week Pregnancy Update

What a great couple of weeks it's been!  I have been feeling great, which apparently is the reason for not posting last week :)  I've also been really busy at work, which makes my weekends even longer as I'm not able to get much done during the work week. 

I've also been busy working on remodeling our bathroom.  Just some cheap updates, nothing crazy.  I wasn't a fan of the pine cabinets so I decided to use the same dark gel stain I used on the dresser I recently refinished and paint the walls.  I'm not really that happy with how the cabinets turned out as I didn't sand them down enough before applying the gel stain.  In some areas the stain wouldn't adhere to the surface (in oily areas, near handles).  In person they look a bit streaky, which is why I ended up doing less coats than I had originally wanted.  My saving grace is that they do fit in with the rest of my "distressed" projects.  I really need to work on having some patience when I work on things like that... my problem is I just get so excited for the end result that I sometimes don't spend enough time prepping my projects.  Maybe that will be my New Years Resolution :)  Hmm..

Before:

After:


I am however in LOVE with the handles.  I got them at Home Depot and am just obsessed.

Anyway- back to being prego.  I think I'm finally in the honeymoon of my second trimester.  I'm back at the gym and have tons of energy- it feels great.  The only side effects I've noticed as of late are having to go pee... A LOT.  I think I counted a total of 9 times yesterday- no joke.  I have also been waking up in the middle of the night to go, which I thought would be annoying but it's not that bad since I'm not having any problems sleeping. 

I was starting to feel bad for my husband for a while since I was literally a couch potato for like 10 weeks straight.  I'm usually a clean-a-holic and love to cook but I had definitely put that on hold.  It's strange how every pregnancy is so different.. some say they've never felt better, others are in and out of the hospital they're so sick.  I guess I just got put in the middle and I'm okay with that!

Oh- And for those of you that don't think I'm showing at all, here's a lil' proof that I am!   Either that or I'm getting a milk gut (drinking SO much milk).  At 19 weeks, the baby is the size of an heirloom tomato and is 8.5 oz and 6 inches from head to rump.
~Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment