Monday, July 7, 2014

Motherhood and a Sleepy Baby

I've been meaning to write a blog post for like three months now.. but I find it difficult to pry myself away from little Blakely! Gosh, where do I start?

Bringing Blakely Home
 
Motherhood.. is.. AMAZING. You really can't comprehend the amount of love you have for your child until the day they are born. You carry them for nine months but until you meet them you just have no clue what's about to happen. So much happens in those first few months of life, too, it's crazy. I feel like it was ages ago that she arrived, but she's only 15 weeks old!

First Doctor Appointment (Don't we look tired?!)

For the first 6 weeks or so we spent every day/night caring for her on our couch. Boy were we exhausted! For a while it seemed like she would only sleep in her Rock and Play- and only for 2 or 3 hours at a time, but this was to be expected. When she fell asleep I would place my hand on her chest just to make sure she was breathing. Sometimes this meant being in the most awkward position but at least I knew she was okay!

Sleeping in the Rock and Play

We then graduated to her room. It took about two weeks to get her used to sleeping flat on her back and in her crib. It was a rough two weeks as I slept on the floor in her room and was still waking up every few hours to feed her. By the end of the two weeks I felt comfortable enough to go back to my own bed to sleep and keep a close eye on her via the monitor. We have a monitor that has both video and sound, which I am SO thankful for! If it were just sound I would have been checking on her every five seconds.

Sleeping in Her Crib

Now at 15 weeks she sleeps 10-11 hours straight at night. We put her down around 7-8PM and like clockwork she wakes up around 5-6AM. I'm so thankful for our healthy sleeper!

Sleepy Baby!
 
~Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment