Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Back to Work and Loving It

I'm not going to say it was easy to go back to work after spending every waking moment for three months straight with Blakely, because it wasn't.

I dreaded that moment since the day I had her. I couldn't even IMAGINE that morning and what it would be like. Getting up and seeing her drive away with Tommy was the hardest thing! I cried my entire drive in to work. And once I got to work. And on my lunch break in the bathroom. Oh and on my way to pick her up.


Blakely, Almost 4 Months Old

It's now been a month that I've been back to work and I can honestly say that it was the best decision I could have made. Not only for our family, but really for me and my sanity. I praise all of the SAHM's (and SAHD's!) out there that devote their lives to their children. It's really a demanding job, and a constant, no break kind of job at that. I love my little girl but I also love the break that I get, especially since I enjoy what I do for work. It makes the drive home that much more enjoyable because I get to look forward to seeing her smiling face (or crying, or cranky...). It also helps that with today's technologies, I am able to receive pictures and updates on her as often as I'd like.

I love my baby girl and will do what it takes to keep her healthy, happy, and in the future a successful and contributing part of society!

No comments:

Post a Comment