Saturday, October 25, 2014

7 Months.. Time is Flying By!

It's been quite some time since my last blog post- life is literally insane but I'm loving it!  Having a baby completely transforms your life.  In many, many, many ways!  You start to see life from a different perspective and life just seems to make sense at that point.  It's weird but I've totally turned into "that mom."  You know, the one that posts a million pictures of their baby on Facebook everyday?  Yeah.. that's me.  I'm sure I'll end up doing most of the things I said I wouldn't when I used to think about having kids.

7 months. She's seven months old now, I can't believe it sometimes.  It seems like it was yesterday yet SOOOOOOO long ago that she was born.  You go through so much that it feels like it should be longer.  But then again I feel like I just had her.  We weighed her the other day and she's 19 pounds.  At her 6 month doctor appointment she was still in the 75th percentile for weight and 95th for height.  She can now sit up, babble (mamama, bababa, dadada), loves to eat baby food, plays in her bouncer, and grabs toys.  She also just recently started learning how to wave so that's a work in progress :)  She no longer depends on her swaddle to sleep and sleeps only on her tummy.  She was in her crib around 6 weeks old so transitioning her to her crib was never an issue.  Weaning her from her swaddle was our only hurdle but it only took about a week to break her from it.  I say the earlier you can wean them from their vices, the better!


Tommy and I are doing really good.  Blakely is such a lucky girl to have such an amazing male role model in her life.  We both have new(ish) jobs, since I last blogged anyway, and both are going really well.  I still stay home one day a week with her (and on occasion work on my day off if I can bring her in).  Tommy has been working 6 days a week so our weekends do feel a bit short lately.  I can't seem to think of Friday night as being a weekend night if he has to work the next day.  So we cram it all into Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment