Tuesday, June 18, 2013

{ME} A Little About My Life...

I thought I'd start my first post by telling you a little about me.  I grew up in Carnation, WA, about 30 minutes (with no traffic, anyway) east of Seattle.  My husband Tommy and I recently bought a house in North Bend, where we reside with our two cats, Trucker and Romeo, and three chickens, Helga, Svetlana, and Oprah.

Our home!

I guess you could say I'm a small town kinda girl.  Most would label me as shy or quiet, but those who really know me would likely say the opposite.  I'm tall (yep.. 6 foot!).  I have a Type A personality (perfectionist.. check.. impatient.. check.. competitive.. check..).  I love to clean- yes, clean.  I love to cook and drink wine.  I love animals.  I love the outdoors (hiking, fishing, gardening, snowmobiling, camping, long drives).  I work to play- but I do love my job!  One thing I should mention is that I LOVE to paint/stain furniture.  My goal with this blog is to put together various DIY "How-To's" on my projects, and hopefully learn and grow as each project is completed.


 
 
Enough about me!  Last year, I married the man of my dreams.  I know that sounds cliché, but it's true.  A little history there... I met Tommy through my old roommate.  I was single at the time, and she introduced us at a couple of social outings (he was good friends with her ex-boyfriend).  Tommy was in a relationship, so I really thought nothing of it.  I just knew he was fun to be around.  Almost 6 months later, him and his girlfriend broke up.  Him and I started talking, and wa-lah!  We have now been married for almost 10 months.  Most would label Tommy as outgoing and magnetic.  I don't think I have met one person that doesn't enjoy being around him.  We bring out the best in each other and I think that is what is most important. 

~Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment