Monday, June 24, 2013

Wine Cork Coasters

I started collecting wine corks a few years ago, and when my jar filled up I thought it would be fun to do something creative with them.  I found the idea to make these coasters on Pinterest, and they are SUPER easy and fun!  These would make an excellent gift for a wine-o.  Just sayin'... :)


Supplies You Will Need:
  • Wine corks (8 per coaster)
  • Scissors
  • Craft glue (you will want to buy glue that dries clear)
  • Decorative ribbon (for the border- I used a thick, red, velvetty ribbon)
  • A heavy book 

Step 1: Make sure the corks you use are all about the same height/width.  Start by gluing pairs of two together, length-wise.  Since I made two coasters, I used 16 corks and glued 8 pairs of two.

Step 2: Once these are dry, glue the end of one of the pairs and stick them to the side of another pair.  Repeat this until your coaster is complete.  Easy, huh?

 
Step 3: Take your ribbon and measure how long you will need in order to place a border around the coasters.  Cut, and glue to the side of your coasters.

Step 4: Since the glue may not be completely dry, they will be kind of flimsy until they do.  Set a book or something flat and heavy on top of them until they are dry.  I did this overnight and they were good to go in the morning!

~Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment