Thursday, June 20, 2013

California King Platform Bed Frame

So you may wonder, "How did you get into the furniture thing- anyway?"  Or maybe you don't... but I'm going to tell you anyway!

It all started a few years ago, when I called it quits with my ex-fiance (6 weeks before our wedding!) and moved out of his house.  I literally had nothing except for my clothes and a few things that I purchased while living with him... so that's when my obsession with Craigslist and second-hand furniture began. 

I'm still a newbie when it comes to refinishing furniture.  It's really an addicting feeling, repurposing something that was considered someone's garbage, that in the end looks like a million bucks.  I have yet to repurpose something and sell it, but once we furnish our home, that will be my next goal. 

So, recently, I discovered that my husband is a great woodworker.  He's really a jack-of-all-trades if you ask me.  I put him to the task of building a california-king platform bed with storage underneath.  Platform beds are seriously expensive... and to find one that is good quality and has storage?  Good luck.  We found one online for about $2,000.  No thanks.  So far, we have spent less than $300 in making our own. 

Well- we nailed it (no pun intended).  I'm so excited to share the progress of this project.  It took us about 8 months to finish it, but it's done! 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment